Last Updated on
What is SEO?
SEO is an acronym for “Search Engine Optimization”. SEO is essentially the process of increasing the quality and quantity of traffic to your website through organic search results.
Why is it Important?
- SEO not only increases your search rankings, but it can also improve the user experience of your website
- If your website is has a lot of pages or large files, it can help run your website smoothly. The indirect benefit of SEO is that it has a common framework, or a checklist, for you to use before you publish content on your website. The direct benefit is an increase in search engine traffic.
- The majority of people likely click on one of the top five websites that appear in their search results, or what we call SERPS. Your website needs to be on the first page, or one of the first five positions, to take advantage of attracting new visitors to your website.
- Your visitors will trust your website more if it’s part of the top five websites displayed in a search result.
- SEO can give you an advantage over your competitors because your website will outrank your local competitors.
How SEO Can Help Your Medical Practice
The key to the success of your medical practice is attracting potential patients to your website – it is crucial in order for your medical practice to survive in the industry. But, gaining that kind of visibility is extremely hard. Google’s algorithm keeps getting complicated, the level of competition in the local and national market increases every day, and the variety of search results has created even more ranking factors.
What is Medical SEO?
Medical SEO, just like what I’ve mentioned above, is the process of increasing the search engine rankings of your medical practice’s website and they called this person the Medical SEO Expert. As a result, current patients and potential patients can easily find your website.
What Benefits Will You Receive?
- Generate more calls and emails for your practice
- Enhance your clinic’s brand awareness
- Attract more potential patients to your medical practice
- Enhance your online reputation
- Increase traffic to your website
- Provide you with a competitive edge
- Improve your online visibility
- Generate more income for your clinic
How SEO Experts Can Help Your Medical Website
SEO experts can ensure that your medical website is fast, secure, and mobile friendly
When it comes to a website, three of the top ranking factors are security, website speed, and mobile-responsiveness. If your site takes more than three seconds to load, the majority of your visitors will click the “back” button and look for another website that is faster. This is why Google prioritizes websites who have fast website speed.
Your website should also be secure. As a medical organization (any organization really), you’ve got big problems when you don’t have a secure HTTPS at the beginning of your URL. Your website should also be mobile friendly because over 70 percent of searches are done on a mobile device.
In addition, 62 percent of smartphone owners use their device to look up different health information and around 82 percent of smartphone users utilize search engines when they look for a local health facility, local treatment center, and the nearest medical clinics.
SEO experts can choose the perfect keywords to help you rank well
In order for a medical SEO expert to optimize your content, you need to use the right keywords. A medical SEO expert can help you choose the right keywords to focus on.
Examples of keywords:
- Pediatrician + treatment + city
- Pediatrician + doctor + your city
- Pediatrician + your city
- Pediatrician for kids + your city
You can incorporate those keywords into your content so that your content will have a better chance of ranking well.
SEO experts can optimize your images and videos
One of the most popular ways to create interesting content is video marketing. In fact, there was a 157 percent increase in organic traffic on web pages with videos. Also, a video has 50 times more chances of appearing on the first page of Google than regular web pages.
However, SEO experts still have to optimize your images and videos before you post them. Why? Because 39 percent of Internet users will stop engaging with a website if the images and videos won’t load or take too long to load.
Your Google My Business page needs to be filled out 100%
Patients want health services and medical clinics that are near their homes. But, in order for locals to find your medical clinic, you need to show up in Google’s local pack. Searches containing the phrase “near me” have doubled since 2015. What is a local pack? A local pack is a group of three business listings that show up above the organic search results.
You need a lot of high-quality content pages that have been optimized for medical SEO
It isn’t enough if your website is fast, mobile-responsive, and secure (of course those things are important though). You also have to have quality, SEO-optimized content on your website. If you don’t have experience in that area, an SEO expert can definitely help with that.
So, what exactly is quality content? Quality content is content that is informative, relevant, shareable, and provides value. In today’s SEO-driven world, it’s not enough to just publish content in general. You need to ensure that the content that you’re putting on your website is high quality and value to your website visitors and potential patients.
Don’t know where to go to hire SEO experts? Website4MD is your solution! We have a team of SEO experts who has vast medical SEO experience. Don’t stress – you focus on patient care and we’ll focus on your marketing efforts.