Last Updated on
Let’s say that there was an issue with your office phone, so you were unable to receive any phone calls. Do you know what that would mean for your medical practice? It would mean no appointments. And no appointments means no money coming in. If that happened, you would probably wish that you had a backup plan. A website could be your “backup” plan.
In this day and age, there’s just no excuse for not having a website. You get so many benefits just by having a website. I know that a few of you may still be wondering whether or not you should invest your time and money into a website. So, to make things easier and clearer for you, this blog layout why you should have a website.
Is it Important to Have a Website for Medical Practice?
You may find yourself asking this question – “Do I really need a website for my practice? Is it really necessary?” The answer is YES. However, unfortunately, some doctors fail to realize a website’s importance.
Your website is more than just a piece of a marketing strategy. Most doctors assume that websites are just for advertising their medical practice. While this is true (and very important as well), your website can do more than just that. Your website can be an avenue for growing your practice.Your website can be an avenue for growing your practice. Click To Tweet
According to a study conducted by Jane Weaver, an NBC news writer, about 93 million Americans search for medical information online before visiting a physician. This just means that your existing (and potential) patients are using their smartphones or tablets in order to look up everything online, and they’re probably looking for you as well. You could be one of the best doctors out there but without an online presence, you’re not growing your practice.
Without a website, would you rely on patients getting to know you just through online reviews? How would you know what your patients are saying about you? How would you control your reputation? How would you gain new patients online? So, let’s answer all these questions one-by-one.
Question #1: Would you want to rely on your patients getting to know you just through online reviews?
Of course not! Although it’s great to have reviews, it’s just not enough. Reviews are a great way to increase your online reputation, but with a medical practice website, you can make your practice more known and control the messaging. To fully understand the power of online reviews, read our previous blog here.
What is the importance of having a website?
- Saves time for your current and potential patients to look you up. Instead of browsing a phone directory, patients can just type in what they need and click “search”, and the results will show up right away.
- You can provide valuable information right away such as your contact information, location/s, and even blogs with pertinent information about your practice.
- You can provide an appointment booking system on your website which can allow your patients to book an appointment with you even during after-work hours. Website4MD has a blog that elaborates more on this topic.
- It can provide convenience to your patients because they don’t need to visit your clinic (especially if they live far away) and find out that they need another doctor.
- A great platform for you to add and highlight your patients’ reviews and your staff members’ testimonials.
Question #2: How would you know what your patients are saying about you?
You can use your website to create a page with all the reviews and testimonials that you get from your patients and staff members. You can also take advantage of Google My Business, Yelp, Healthgrades, and other websites that can help to increase your online reputation by posting reviews with the help of a company such as DrCatalyst who has a Google Reviews Service.
Question #3: How can you control your online reputation?
Easy – through a website! Your website is one way to influence, control and manage your online reputation. You can control it by adding content to your website that positions your website in a positive light. You can manage it by working hand-in-hand with a team of experts who can do the job for you.
When you work with a team of experts, you can focus on your job – which is taking care of your patients. The team, on the other hand, will do the job for you such as creating and/or improving your website, creating blog content, implementing search engine optimization, and so much more. All you need to do is proofread and approve and it’s done.
Question #4: How can you gain new patients?
Honestly, it’s not rocket science to know that having a mobile-friendly and responsive website can help you attract new patients. More and more people are using their mobile phones instead of a desktop or laptop, so it’s imperative that your website works well on mobile devices.
How websites can help you attract new patients?
- It can help you advertise without spending too much. Yes, you still have to shell out a few benjamins in order to have a well-designed website created, especially if you don’t know how to make one. However, it’s a lot cheaper than traditional methods of advertising such as print media, radio & television ads.
- It can help satisfy your current and potential patients. Having a website will be more convenient for your patients. It makes it easier for your patients to learn your contact information, book an appointment, find your location, and even read important information pertaining to your specialty. For a potential patient, they will feel more at ease knowing that they can reach out to you any time of the day, even after business hours.
- It can help you become more accessible to your potential patients. Unless there are system errors or whatnot, a website is accessible even before your practice opens and after it closes. When potential patients look for a doctor online, chances are they’ll see you and visit your website.
“Yes, I do need a website!”
I’m sure by now you’re convinced that your medical practice should have a website. I mean, the majority of consumers nowadays use websites to find and also engage with a company (including medical practices), and 30 percent of consumers will not consider a business without a website. Also, 72 percent of patients use online reviews as the first step to finding a new doctor.30% of consumers will not consider a business without a website; 72% of patients use online reviews as the first step to finding a new doctor Click To Tweet
In The End…
At the end of the day, the most important thing is to provide excellent patient care. But please don’t compromise your when it comes to your marketing strategies. If you want to grow your practice, you have to put ample effort into marketing your practice. At Website4MD, we have a team of marketing experts who can help you create an awesome, mobile-friendly website that helps you attract new patients.