Last Updated on
Marketing is all about educating your target audience about your products and services. This can be achieved in different ways, whether in traditional or digital methods. However, no matter what techniques you use, one common element that is not missing is the content you create.
In this digital age, I’m sure you’ve heard of the phrase “content is king” and this couldn’t be more true. Creating quality content is one of the most effective ways to market any business or organization, and that includes medical practices as well. We live in an era where information is easily obtainable. From researching the latest fashion trends to checking out the best restaurant in the area, Google has become our best friend. That is the reason why it should not come as a surprise if people also search for health information online.
As a matter of fact, 80% of Internet users, or about 93 million Americans, have searched for a health-related topic online according to a study conducted by Pew Internet & American Life Project. Clearly, people are looking for health information online and this is an opportunity for your medical practice to show that you’re indeed a reliable source of health information.
But how does creating a quality content help your practice? But first, let’s discuss what is the meaning of quality content.
What is Quality Content?
High quality content is an essential part of a website. It supports one or more of the goals you set in a content marketing strategy. These common goals include:
- Attracting new readers
- Generating new leads
- Converting leads to customers
- Establishing a connection between writers and readers
- Building awareness and authority
- Nurturing existing customers.
If your content appears higher in search results, it is more likely for people to discover your business. But, content marketers face a struggle in finding a balance between producing a high quality writing and high quality SEO. You shouldn’t just be focusing on writing for SEO without optimizing for search engines.
What are the Factors that Determine a High Quality Content?
People know which one has a quality and which is not. Quality is giving complete and right information to your readers. Thus, you should only give the fact and useful information that is relevant to your topic. If your content is appealing and convincing, it can attract potential customers, gain their trust and make them stay. So, what makes a content a quality one?
- Compelling titles – titles are the first one that captures the reader’s attention. Make a catchy and compelling title and the right keyword to grab their attention.
- Relevance – always set an appropriate content according to your topic, because the moment your reader finds it not connected, they might stop reading.
- Correct Grammar – A correct grammar delivers the right message and easy to understand. It also adds up quality to your content.
- Clarity – if the content is clear, your reader easily understands the information and interpreting the actual meaning of the content.
- Well-written and follows proper SEO guidelines – these two must be together. Google will reward you with SEO benefits when you produce well-written content. Focus less on keyword stuffing, rather, focus on the readers.
How to Create a High Quality Content?
Having a high quality content helps your site rank better in the search which makes it easier for potential customers to find your business. A high quality content has a great impact on SEO. In fact, quality is one of the three top ranking factors in Google.
As mentioned in our blog Quality Content: What Does It Really Mean?, there are five qualities that your content should have for it to be considered as quality content. There are characteristics that your content should be able to meet:
- Optimized – When your content is optimized, it would help in increasing your website’s relevance, which then helps drive traffic on your website.
- Valuable – Your content should also be valuable so that your readers will likely come back to your website for more information. If you give your target audience important and relevant content, this will solidify your position as a healthcare provider, especially in your specialty.
- Highly shareable – In the age where people are pretty much stuck with their phones 24/7, it is now easier for them to share different things in social media. Whether they share their opinion on a social issue or their sentiments on this year’s health trends, they are able to share it with other people. This means that if people share your content, it means that they are valuable and they were able to gain insights from it.
- Evergreen – Evergreen content is content that is always relevant to a target audience. This means that the content does not become dated even with the passage of time. Having evergreen content can help deliver traffic to your website.
- Informative – You know you have good quality content when you offer useful information to your readers. Your readers should be able to learn from your content or answer questions in their minds. The more informative your content is, the more it will attract potential patients.
How Quality Content Helps your Practice?
Medical practices in the healthcare industry are getting more and more competitive, which makes it more difficult to stand out. However, you can always find a way to stand out among your competitors. One way is through providing good quality content to your readers. Here’s how quality content helps your practice:
Good quality content drives traffic to your website.
There are a lot of ways to drive traffic to your website. Writing blogs, producing videos, launching email campaigns, and posting on social media can help redirect your potential patients to your website. Creating good quality content is a critical aspect of captivating your target audience and driving engagement. Regardless of what marketing channel you utilize, creating valuable content can help you get more patients on your front door.
It builds trust and loyalty.
With a huge archive of medical content that can be found on the Internet, it may be hard for you to differentiate yourself from the rest of the healthcare providers. However, providing good quality content to your readers may be your ticket to gain a competitive advantage over your competitors. Creating good quality content takes a lot of effort. You need to formulate ideas and organize your thoughts about your content. However, once you are able to offer your readers good quality content, you’ll be able to convince them that your practice can be trusted.
Good quality content builds brand awareness.
If you want your target market to know that your medical practice exists, you need to work on improving your brand awareness. By offering strong content to your readers, people will recognize your practice. You’ll be able to influence them to choose you as a healthcare provider. You can create blogs, infographics, or videos that are engaging and interesting. As much as possible, create content that is optimized. It will have better chances in showing up in search engines.
It generates leads and improves conversion.
There are many healthcare marketers who have a hard time moving web visitors from the awareness stage into the consideration stage. It is important to remember that people will not acquire your services if they think that they will not benefit from them. However, you can do something about it. You need to make them understand why they need you. By creating good quality content you can attract leads and convert them to be your patients. It would be much helpful if you’re able to share them to your social media accounts to get new leads and build brand awareness.
Good quality content is the heart of every marketing campaign. Successful medical practices have been utilizing good content. This is to make sure that they are able to connect to their target market. It is also a good way to raise brand awareness and attract more patients. But if you’re already juggling a lot of administrative, clinical, and operational tasks, Website4MD can help you. By integrating a blend of content marketing, social media marketing, SEO, digital ads and email marketing, we’ll create an online and offline conversation that helps you increase patient engagement, build patient loyalty, and deliver meaningful results. Contact us and we’ll help you create an effective and engaging message that will surely increase your number of patients.